Sunday, July 7, 2013

Baby Update!

I have decided to be better at blogging because this is where I will do all the family updating and picture sharing once Baby Layla finally arrives.  I'm not going to bombard everyone's news feed on Facebook and Istagram with pictures of my family; they can come to our blog if they so choose to be updated!  

As I'm sure everyone knows, shes due in less than 2 weeks! I can't believe how soon we are going to be parents.. I am gonna be a MOM! Is anyone else as terrified as I am about this? Not only am I scared to death of the process of giving birth, I'm scared to death of being responsible for a whole human life. To teach her all she needs to know... about.. EVERYTHING! How to be a good kid, responsible, well behaved, strong in the gospel, smart, independent, oh the list goes on! And I'm sure that's every parents goal.  I know, I know, there are millions of people out there that have kids and it's just a part of life and you do the best you can to teach them, and then it's all up the them. I think that's the scariest part, for me anyway.  

So, I know most of you have seen a lot of "status updates" on Facebook about what a great, grand wonderful time I have had these last few months. I am going to try to keep it brief because I tend to be really long winded!  Here's the gist, I have seen about 10 different doctors (literally) and none of them seem to communicate with each other. Some are from my OB clinic and some are from a clinic called "High Risk Pregnancy'' (doesn't that just SOUND scary?? It does to me, even more so at the beginning of my pregnancy) It started out with I have a "heart shaped uterus" so I was sent to High Risk for ultrasounds every 3 weeks, and also I was high risk for preterm labor. A few months later after my glucose test at 20 whatever weeks I was told I had gestational diabetes, which is cause for preterm labor, high risk for a stillborn birth and it causes slow development for her lungs. Oh and not to mention she could be fat for the rest of her life, and of course that If I don't lose the baby weight I could develop type 2 for the rest of my life.  I thought they were being a little over dramatic with this one, seeing as how my levels were barely borderline. However they put me on medication and have me testing my blood 4 times a day.  Still, being told your baby can be in danger or die is a scary thing to hear. 

Here is the bottom line, I have been told time and time again, by multiple doctors there's no way I am making it to 40 weeks. When you hear that, you kind of expect to give birth before 40 weeks. They scheduled me for a C- section on the 11th because she was breech and the way my uterus is shaped it is extremely rare for the baby to turn head down, well my baby did it! So they canceled the c-section and said just last week that we will wait for her to just come on her own. Let me tell you the 2 reasons why this is a concern to me that she's not budging yet. Number one, Mike has a HUGE event at work, it's the biggest event of the year for his company, he is speaking and selling at the MGM Grand the very week Layla is due. This is an event he can not miss and I wasn't concerned about it until recently because I was told again and again shes not making it to 40 weeks and I just "knew" she would be here before that. I also "knew" she was a he before the ultrasound... I expected my "mothers intuition" would be better than this! The other reason, I get an anxiety attack at the doctors office every time I go. My blood pressure goes very high and they send me off to the hospital only to find  Layla and I are in perfectly good health.  I don't know how to calm myself down when I get there, so this happens every time! I can't stand it anymore! This last visit, I was at the office for 2 hours because they checked my blood pressure 4 times, I told the doctor I was not going back to the hospital one more time. Finally I had to lay down on a bed for 20 minutes and someone had to come in and check it again for the last time while I was laying down.  I was told with one of my blood pressure numbers someone had a stroke! It is always fine when I leave the doctors office though! I know I sound over dramatic and kind of like a baby, but this has been a huge challenge for me. I really don't want to have to go to the doctor one more time. 

I was considering going into the back story of why I get an anxiety attack every time I go to the doctor, but that would take a really long time and a lot of typing! 

I guess that's it for now!  Hopefully I will have some exciting news sooner rather than later!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I love blogs! Cant wait to see baby pics! I have a heart shaped uterus as well (actually it is heart shaped now after a full septum was removed years ago- called a septate uterus). I was high risk with my first but everything went fine so with my second I wasn't high risk. You are going to be a great mom! Here is my blog if you are interested, brettandheather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only blog my family happenings I don't put them out on FB for many reasons. So I'm glad you are coming back to blogging, I find more joy reading about events vs. a quick snapshot on FB. Can't wait to read more, especially once your baby girl is here:)

    ReplyDelete